LIVE - Problems with highlighters or callouts, document won't come up?
- External monitors need to be set to same text percentage as your primary. This will prevent callout bound boxes jumping around and keep your cursor from disappearing.
- Be sure to set your primary equal to your external monitor. This prevents your highlighter tool from jumping left on your screen. Highlighter Won't Go All The Way Across The Screen?
- Document not show up when you launch LIVE? Make sure you installed OnCue as an Administrator. We have seen issues with virus software not allowing LIVE to launch. Or try pausing your virus software and see if that fixes it.
LIVE - Video Deposition playback
- Synced deposition video files should ideally be MPEG-1 or MP4 and MUST BE constant bit rate in order to play in LIVE mode. WMV will also work.
- Currently if a .smi file is in the same folder as your deposition MPG, it causes weird behavior in LIVE and Production. Also in some cases, it causes exported video clips to come out upside down. They don't do you any good anyway so just don't put them in there for now, but we'll teach OnCue to ignore them very soon.
- No video but scrolling text and sound? This could be likely an MPEG-2 issue - see this article for fix Video Codec Problems: MPEG-2 hiding in plain sight.
- When making a callout in the Viewer Pane of the Production screen, focus shifts to the actual callout and off of the pane, so the Hotkeys appear to not work. Select the tool you want to use from the toolbar when this happens.
- Custom colors can be created and set to a tool in preferences. You cannot create a custom color through the toolbars nor can you switch to that custom color through the toolbars. Once set to a tool in preferences you can use in Production or LIVE. The custom color is not saved in a case unless it is tied to a tool. Be sure to write down the values when you create one you like. You’ll have to reset when you open your case again if you changed it to a another color.
- There is currently a funny quirk with sorting by ID. Occasionally 9C will come before 9 but in the same list 7 will be rightly in front of 7A. This is not a common issue and only occurs with Alphanumeric IDs.
- Document errors on adding? Check the permissions on the PDF.
- OnCue does not work with multi-page tiffs, but it will take them and show only the first page. This is not a "bug" but just the way the viewer reads tiffs.
- Blank Pages after adding your PDF? Stamp not showing up? OnCue cannot account for how Adobe Acrobat treats layers or overlays. We have found that optimizing and flattening a PDF in Acrobat or saving the PDF out as images into an exhibit folder and then adding the folder to OnCue is the best way to get your docs in.
- Document a little slow coming up? Or your document is all black pages? This is another Acrobat issue with how the file is saved. Printing to PDF or saving the PDF out as images like the above issue is your best workaround.
- Search bar is gray and won't let me search when I am in the documents tab. This is a permission issue. Re-install OnCue as Administrator.
- When adding a link by dragging and dropping onto the transcript/designation, the link tuner will start in the correct spot for tuning. When adding through the Video Editor pane, the link tuner will start with the last tuned spot and not on the new designation link.
- When updating a designation list or presentation via an import file if you do not import while on the notebook it resides in, the designation list or presentation is removed from the notebook.
- Presentations cannot be imported by text file currently. Please use *.xml.
- Deleting a video clip from a Presentation will delete the clip from the database
- Split screen Callouts don’t Print as they show up on screen in LIVE- the callouts shift slightly on the printed page.
- Periodically certain uses of the "Find" field on the Transcript pane will cause the Transcript toolbar to disappear and an error message will appear. Closing and reopening the program will reset it.
- OnCue doesn't take text files or ASCII files as transcripts. See the bottom of this article for a workaround. Creating Designations and Designation Lists
- If two people are working in the same designation list, such as tuning from the top and bottom simultaneously, if you are both creating new designations by splitting, removing objections, etc., you can sometimes end up with the same ID for two designations. This is resolved by right clicking the designation list and choosing "renumber IDs." *Tip* If you're doing this, you should communicate with the other person about what you're each working on and refresh (F9) often to avoid database conflicts.
- Where is the video file? Video not showing up in video editor? Make sure that the names of the videos in your folder are spelled exactly the same as what the Editor is looking for. Look out for that pesky space, underscore or different extension.
- Two, yes two videos cards, ain't all they're cracked up to be. As new laptops come into this world, a lot of companies are adding two video cards (one probably a discrete 3D). Currently, OnCue does not support both cards being enabled. When choosing which card to disable, it is best to keep the integrated card enabled.
- ActiveX Error = #0 - To correct this error, click on the Start button and go to the Control Panel. In there, open Internet Options. Click on the Security tab up top and click on the Custom level button. Scroll down to ActiveX controls and plug-ins and Disable the portion that says Allow ActiveX Filtering.
If this doesn't resolve your problem, we have a detailed article here is a link to the article that deals specifically with these errors - Active-X-Errors.
- Legacy player...it fixes what ails ya - This one is tough to nail down but a catchall fix on many, many machines. If you're getting crashes while using video, or something just seems off with clips or designation clips while tuning or previewing, go to "Preferences" and select "Use legacy media player in production (requires relaunching OnCue)" and see if it fixes your problems. Make sure to actually relaunch OnCue before testing it, and hopefully watch the magic happen. This option simply changes some back-end engines for video playback to account for different machine configurations.
Production/Designation Video Export
- If you attempt to export a video designation list with the .smi files in the folder with your synched MPGs, the exported video comes out upside down. Just remove the .smi file to correct this.
- Exporting crashes? This could be an issue with MPEG-2 or MP4 Variable Bit Rate. You will need to recode the video to OnCue Specifications - Video Specifications
- Designation Video gets stuck at a certain percentage because of one of two reasons:
- Somewhere in your list a designation does not have at least 0.05 time associated with it. This can happen when you have one line only designated like "No." Tune some space into it and you will be good.
- Somewhere in your list, you have designated text that was not synced. This shows on your transcript as gray and italicized and often says things like (Exhibit 1 was admitted.) If the line is stand alone, OnCue will not export.
- Got a parsing error while trying to activate? Make sure your clock and your time zone are the same.
- Just bought and I got an email about renewal are you double charging/billing me? No, OnCue doesn't charge when you order and you get 7-days free. The "renewal" email is just letting you know you will be charged for the first time.
- Server unavailable? Make sure you are connected to the internet. Some law firms lock down their firewalls so you cannot update or activate OnCue.